Empowering Through Education

Empowering Through Education

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Mr. Earl: Super Saver!


EVERYONE can retire comfortably on ANY income 

if they make the right financial choices.



 


Mr. Earl is living proof that ANYONE can reach retirement comfortably. It's a matter of making financially sound choices, and the earlier you start the better!

However, for those of us who are older and wondering if it's too late-- it's NOT! I am living proof of that. As a single mother for 12 years I wondered if I would even be able to retire at the normal retirement age. I remember many nights in my conversations with the Lord 'bargaining' with Him. The conversation went something like this, "I'll focus everything I've got right now on making sure the kids are taken care of and have the best start possible in the situation, and then once they are raised I'm going to need something to make up for lost time."

Through all of those years I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be able to retire 10-15 years EARLY. A lot can change in just 7 years. It has all come down to 3 things for me: 

  • NO debt, 
  • Low needs, and 
  • Residual income from rental properties and other ventures. 
Retirement doesn't mean you CAN'T work if you love what you do, but it means you go to work because you WANT to, not HAVE to, and it certainly is nice to work under those circumstances. I intend to keep 'working' for a lot of years to come for two reasons:

  1. because I really do love what I do and want to keep helping families, and
  2. because while I have 'low needs' if needed, I also LOVE to travel and I want to be able to support some of my favorite causes, so as far as I'm concerned, the travel and donation funds could keep growing and growing and growing and . . . .
It's something everyone should have the chance to experience, and it's possible for everyone! You can make it happen. It starts with a choice! As Dave Ramsey says,

"Live now like no one else 
so you can live later like no one else!"

1 comment: