Empowering Through Education

Empowering Through Education

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Powerful Over Your Own Money



LOVED this article by Suze Orman:

One of my favorite quotes in the article is:
"NOTE: This is not a slam on brokerage firms, stockbrokers, or financial advisors. When you find a great advisor, they are worth their weight in gold and you should tell everyone you know about them — but you have to be cautious — for many have their own interests at heart over yours. That is why you will never be powerful in life till you are powerful over your own money and how you feel about it, think about it, and invest it." (bold added by me).

This is the main reason I am in the financial services field. For years I didn't have anyone I knew well enough to be able to really trust to help me understand investing enough to be powerful over my own money. When I found a company that was going to pay for me to learn what I had always wanted to learn, and then pay for me to get the license to be able to do my own investing, I jumped at the opportunity. I have learned so much, and it is extremely rewarding to finally feel confident in handling my money and know that I can be 'powerful over my own money'.

I would encourage everyone to take the time to learn for yourself so you can be 'powerful over your own money . . ."  There are many resources available, but as Suze warns, be cautious! If you need help being pointed in the right direction let me know. While my focus is on being a 'great advisor' and 'worth my weight in gold' to my clients, I would prefer to have everyone know for themselves and be actively engaged and educated about their financial choices. No matter how good a financial advisor or financial coach is, no one knows you like YOU know you!!

P.S. The articles listed at the end of the article also like they are worth reading. It's always a motivating experience to read about successful people and how they got their start! I will definitely be reading more over the next few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment